Re: [LAU] Problems with RME Hammerfall DSP + Multiface

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 31 2007 - 20:46:35 EEST

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 06:58:53PM +0300, ns wrote:

> I have tried various software & configuration combinations during this
> time with the aim to make the server-side of a radio ripping service.

For anything requiring multiple instances of players and recorders you
will be much better off using JACK. The ALSA things maybe fine for 'desktop'
use but there it ends. JACK was designed from the start for 'pro' use.

Regarding logging of radio stations, you may find this paper interesting:

  <http://lac.zkm.de/2005/papers/ffitch_natt.pdf>

It describes a system (a set of scripts IIRC) used for continuous recording
of the output of a radio station. The solutions used can probably be adapted
to what you need.

--
FA
Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !