Re: [LAU] A year of Linux Audio revisited - would like to know your oppinion

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 16:58:50 EET

Rob wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2007 09:04, Charles Linart wrote:
>
>> As for "quantizing the groove" -- I don't even know what that
>> means, but it probably has something to do with the fact that 99
>>

> Just because you're ignorant about a function doesn't mean it's
> unimportant. Also, "You don't need that feature, it sucks anyway"
> followed by a rant about how successful music sucks, is an evasion,
> not a real argument, even if you did know what the hell you were
> talking about.
>
> Try Googling next time.

Found on a Cakewalk docs site :

*Groove Quantize*

Groove Quantize allows you to change the "feel" of an existing
performance. This is especially handy for spicing up step-entered MIDI
data or performances that need tight, groovin' timing.
The best way to learn how to use Groove Quantize is by experimentation.
Other than the Groove Source itself, the settings that will effect
Groove Quantize the most are the Resolution, Strength Duration, Strength
Time, and Strength Velocity.

So now we all know.

Best,

dp