Re: [LAU] Configuration for a FREE professionnal studio : your minds about my proposal

From: Aurelien <orl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 21 2008 - 10:23:53 EET

Hello

<Listening to SleepyTime Gorilla Museum of Natural History - got to hear
that, it's awesome>

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 07:08:04PM -0400, Thomas Vecchione wrote :
> General Comments:
>
> Stay away from Phenom Processors until the revision comes out. Once the
> revision hits they will likely be a good bet. Intel, as much as I hate to
> say it, right now is the smarter choice until then though.

OK, seems to be really true from what has been answered to me!

> A lot of people are mentioning Tyan motherboards, just for sake of a flip
> side, my workstation was built on a Tyan motherboard that had a hardware
> defect take down the SATA controller recently. Took three years for said
> defect to show up, so take it as you will.

OK. Thanks for feedback.

> Did you mean the RME HDSP 9632? Or the 9652?

Oh, yeah, I meant RME HDSP9652. Sorry.

> I don't understand why you
> would run a Multiface into it though, since the multiface is designed to
> connect to a different RME interface card natively.

Which card?
I've to say, the aim is to get 16 or 24 tracks, don't know if the
dedicated card and then the ADAT links let this be?

> I run/ran a 9632
> myself, and ran via ADAT some mic pres into it and was happy with that. Get
> some good quality pres, even the RME OctoPre is an option if you want to
> stick with them.

As we use the TL-Audios preamp, s we don't want the Octopre options.
There something I can't figure out in what you say: how do you run your
pre(amp?)s with ADAT? If so, they have to have ADC, don't they?
TL-Audios don't, and I prefer to have good ADCs (dedicated).

> I like a lot of what you had picked out, take it as you will. Have fun
> though.

OK, cool !