Re: [LAU] zoom h2

From: jdd <jdd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 03 2008 - 21:34:57 EEST

Justin Smith a écrit :
> On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 5:35 PM, drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

well, thanks for you two. I installed jack (and all the stuff that
goes with) and then could record with the H2 mike.

However, after disconnecting the H2, I can't recover the usual sound.
Is there a jack switch to use sound card 0 or sound card 1?

>> If you know about jack, try jack and qjackctl.

I didn't see qjackctl, is that what I need?

> I have a zoom H2, it is 100% compatible with Linux.

I see that now :-)

> I can use it as a USB sound card, but only with two of its microphones
> at a time, and a maximum sampling rate of 48k (I think these are also
> limitations under any other OS, because of USB bus speed).

I nevre use better anyway

> I have found it more useful to record using the H2 alone, then grab
> the files off of it as if it were a flash drive.

yes, I do that now, but I want to do multi track recording (may be I'm
not ready yet :-)

thanks
jdd

--