Re: [LAU] orchestra mixing, reverb, and spatialization

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 11 2009 - 15:12:04 EET

drew Roberts wrote:
> This is my dream born of ignorance...
>
> Take a multitrack recording in something like ardour.
> NAME each track.
> Feed all tracks to a plugin that has a graphical representation of a sound
> stage.
> The NAMES (with icons) from the adrour tracks show up from left to right on
> the stage.
> You can grab the icons and drag them about the stage in realtime and hear the
> changes in the output of the plugin.
>
> Thoughts?

I like your dream, Drew. :)

Perhaps an extension of this software might be a starting point :

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/meloncillo/

Be sure to look at the screenshots.

There are numerous VST plugins that provide neat graphic controls for
multichannel sound placement. Alas, I nothing about their realtime
utility nor how they perform under WINE. Check out these plugins :

    http://acousmodules.free.fr/

HTH,

dp