Re: [LAU] Album made with Linux - Kuun valtakunta

From: Tapani Sysimetsä <tapani.sysimetsa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 23 2010 - 17:51:22 EET

rosea grammostola wrote:
> Interesting music. Thanks for sharing.
>
> How do you coorporate with your fellow musicians? Real life or via
> internet. Do you compose only or do they compose their instrumental
> parts?
>
> \r

These are 'real life' collaborations, not to say I would have anything
against internet-collaboration either. I play in bands with Markku and
Jaakko, so we know each others' styles quite well. I don't usually give
any instructions, just let them hear a demo at first. Except when Jaakko
did drums for Tunturi, he had not heard the demo, just tried out
different beats and fills together with a single Hydrogen sample track.
Then I got a permission from him to edit those takes a lot to make them
match with the rest of the song, which did not have much structure then
either. That was actually quite terrible way to do it, "perse edellä
puuhun" (to climb up a tree with your ass first) as some say here :)

Tapani