Re: [LAU] A little bit of EWI playing

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 11 2012 - 18:54:24 EET

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 12:21 AM, Al Thompson <althompson58@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, why are you using Kontact rather than
> Linuxsampler?  I haven't had a chance to compare sound quality
> side-by-side, but have used Kontact on a Windows 64 bit machine, and
> Linuxsampler on a 64 bit Fedora machine, and the Kontact/Windows
> combination seems like such a resource hog in comparison, even when
> using the same .GIG files.

Been running Kontakt and EWQL Play for a few years now and have
invested a good bit of money into the libraries... a lot of stuff
won't work under LinuxSampler, AFAIK, and I don't think there is a way
to convert the libraries, especially the scripted Kontakt libraries.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com