Re: [LAU] Envy24Control is missing the Analog Volume tab - need guidance...

From: Tim E. Real <termtech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 10 2012 - 02:02:11 EET

On November 8, 2012 06:02:58 PM cullenspub wrote:
> Tim E. Real wrote
>
> > OK looks good! Looks like all the drivers are loaded.
> > So mudita is still not showing the ADC/DAC analog volume tab?
> > Just to be clear, this is a different tab than the monitor tabs.
>
> That is correct - I have seen screenshots of mudita with the analog volume
> tab - it is not there.
>

> Tim E. Real wrote
>
> > Could you be so kind as to try listing and posting the ALSA controls once
> > more, say using amixer or alsactl ?
> > It's important because if you now have ALSA "ADC" and "DAC" controls, and
> > mudita is not showing them, then we may have a problem with mudita !
> > Thanks. Tim.
>
> Sure - I've attached the file from the command /alsactl -f
> ~/alsactl-props.conf store/
> alsactl-props.conf
> <http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/file/n79206/alsactl-props.conf>
>
> CjD

Hm. Still don't see any ADC/DAC controls. Wonder why?
I figured the AKM driver should find some.
Typing modinfo snd_ak4xxx_adda and modinfo snd_ice17xx_ak4xxx
 I don't see any module parameters, but snd_ice1712 has a param
 called "model", maybe setting it would help.

Can you try simply running amixer and check the output?
I hope that will show the true number of controls available...

Just guessing, I wonder if you need to re-configure ALSA so that it
 re-generates some new configuration file?

Anyway here's my .conf file, look near the bottom for ADC/DAC.
Maybe you can use it.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53315356/myalsactlprops.conf

Beyond that, stumped. Help? AKM drivers loaded but no ADC/DAC controls?
Or try contacting the ALSA forums, or authors listed in those modules infos .
They've been great help to me before.
Cheers. Tim.