Re: [LAU] looking for command-line/scriptable mastering software

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 22 2012 - 19:45:08 EET

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 02:42:03PM -0500, Grekim wrote:

> 1 The delay based panning is quite neat and it obviously only
> affects mono tracks. Stereo tracks can be balanced in the
> traditional way.

Maybe neat on headphones, but definitely the wrong thing for
reproduction on speakers. Also bad for mono compatibility.
And since it's closed source it's not possible to change
this to normal panning, which would be a trivial exercise
otherwise.

> 2 Not sure what the gripe is about integers. My summing is exact
> because of it. The effects are 64 bit double floats.

I've got ~3TB of floating point files here, and I'm not going
to convert them just to be able to use a particular - any - SW.
The summing being exact is quite irrelevant if the rest isn't,
and doesn't need to be anyway.

> 3 Yes, it is stereo, not surround sound if that's what was meant.

Indeed.

> 4 The session and audio files can be in a different directory than
> the binary.

OK, then the info on your site is out of date...

Ciao,

--
FA