Re: [LAU] Art's suitability for anything

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Aug 17 2013 - 22:05:07 EEST

On Sat, 2013-08-17 at 13:04 -0500, Brent Busby wrote:
> grunge

Hi Brent :)

I was born in 1966, IOW I'm from the so called "generation x" and btw.
I'm a rock/pop musician. "Grunge" is a name invented by music reviewers,
they needed to pigeonholed something they completely didn't understand.
There is a mainstream calling itself grunge, but don't call the
"subculture" "grunge", some consider this as insult. Don't worry, I
don't care about it.
There's no clear boarder between art and not art.

At the moment John Zorn's statement "Jazz Snobs Eat Shit" comes to mind,
too funny that he became a snob himself. At some point art can become
non-art. FWIW Rock music only can be learned in the streets, forests
etc., but not in a school.

Lauri Anderson: "Talking about music is like dancing about
architecture."

Let's make what we consider to be art, instead of talking about it ;).

Regards,
Ralf