Re: [LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

From: Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 01 2014 - 23:57:44 EEST

Am 31.03.2014 23:03, schrieb Len Ovens:

> On Mon, 31 Mar 2014, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> Music isn't a competition about smartness.
>
> I think that is what was being said. Music today seems to be no longer
> about communicating anything at all... merely soundiing somewhat pleasant,
> or showing off some vocal (or other) gymnastics seems to be most of it.

I dont see that. I think, that today music is in the best shape I
experienced since I taped the radio shows in memoriam John Lennon back
in 1981.
There are more great recordings released every month than I can listen
to let alone buy them and some of the best music I ever heared was made
and released by 30-somethings and younger in the last 10 years Rose Kemp
made some of the best rock-albums ever, Anthony Haggarty gives Pop a
grandezza and intensity that easily challenges the best works by Roxy
Music or David Bowie, Arcade Fire, PJ Harvey etc etc etc
And the most interesting thing: I wanted to see a avantgarde-noise band
by the name of Nadja in Berlin this summer but alas: when I arrived at
the club it was sold out. Young people buy tickets to see musicians
perform music that is lightyears from any conventional standard. Nadja
make even the early Einstürzende Neubauten sound like top-40 pop and the
thrive doing it...

If you want to make outstanding music, there never was a better time....