Re: [LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 05 2014 - 20:30:17 EEST

On Wed, 2014-04-02 at 19:26 -1000, david wrote:
> Who knows, maybe 300-400 years from know, today's rock operas will be
> high opera! Complete with the fat lady singing and scholarly
> musicologists writing dissertations on the use of pinball machines as
> musical instruments...

I dislike Pinball Wizard, but like Pete Townshend and to be honest, e.g.
The War of the Worlds has some nice songs, but IMO it isn't good as a
complete classical opus. Rock musicians shouldn't try to make "concept
album" or "operas". The oldish, classical operas tend to be crap and and
all "modern rock" operas usually are crap². Musicians (especially Rock
and Jazz folks) usually don's stick on banal things long enough to make
an opus out of it, this is a task for the people how are boring and
stiff as a poker.