Re: [LAU] DIY digital control surfaces

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 02 2014 - 00:14:06 EEST

On Tue, 2014-07-01 at 10:17 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:

> a list of ipad apps.

I've got no idea how to use those virtual iPad mixers to control a Linux
DAW. There are lots of them installed on my iPad.

> some kind of tactile feedback would be nice.

For professional work this is a must, it's nice to have this at home
too, but OTOH I'm using the mouse and a nanoKONTROL and even my elCheapo
analog mixer's faders are just a little bit better, but they are still
not good, so a tablet PC as a remote control for a Linux DAW would be
nice. I guess the hardware of the cheapest Android tablet PCs could be
used as a remote control, assumed there should be software available.
The software Paul mentioned, seems not to be for usage with Ardour,
Rosegarden, Qtractor etc.. Traction and Bitwig are mentioned.