Re: [LAU] Session management with NSM

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2014 - 22:27:11 EEST

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 7:57 PM, J. Liles <malnourite@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> workflow that is already supported just fine by dealing
> with it 'manually'.
Yes, manually setting JACK before starting a session is the only and best
solution that scales. As you mentioned, transporting a session to another
machine would mean JACK's settings get borked: therefor this is *not*
something NSM should worry about, or implement.

> To me this is a non-issue.
Pun intended? ;)

> My oppinon is: it's not a problem until it's a problem.

I'll agree: but I have to say from a users POV, I first misunderstood the
complexity and the use-cases, that would suggest having JACK settings
for each session would be useful.

> Let's concentrate on the real issues and leave the imaginary ones alone.
Yes: what will we prioritize? I think the .desktop feature to discover NSM
capable apps is a very important one: removing the need for users to know
the binary's name for programs is essential for good workflow.

Pro-active: I've created a feature-request ticket on the NSM repo to
discuss details of .desktop files and integration:
https://github.com/original-male/non/issues/136

To a good outcome! -Harry
www.openavproductions.com