Re: [LAU] OpenMusic 6.9 - new build for Ubuntu (.deb) and Fedora (.rpm)

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 03 2015 - 14:15:10 EET

On 02/03/2015 05:58 AM, David Baron wrote:
> On Monday 02 February 2015 23:12:08 anders.vinjar@bek.no wrote:
>>
>> Main news:
>>
>> - new package scripts for RPM and DEB, to take care of necessary
>> (32-bit) dependencies for OM. (OM is still 32-bit only from lack of
>> access to 64-bit lw-compiler.)
>>
> ‎There is really no lisp compiler for 64bit !?

64-bit LispWorks is rather expensive. No personal edition is available,
and the enterprise version starts at a cool $2700(US). That's right,
two-thousand and seven hundred dollars for a Lisp compiler. The
maintenance version costs $3300. Nevertheless I'd think that IRCAM could
finance the purchase.

IIRC, there is a free 32-bit LW compiler for personal use but it has
some severe limitations.

And for better or worse OM depends on LispWorks until a viable port to
another Lisp takes place.

Best,

dp