Re: [LAU] The future of audio plugins ?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Oct 19 2016 - 02:49:24 EEST

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 01:02:11 +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
>User: Guys, give me the dire straits!
>EQ: Hey Overdrive, I'll add the brightness if you add distortion.
>Overdrive: I'm in, dude.
>Reverb: I'll be your reverb and we'll sound like brothers in arms
>EQ: Deal.
>Overdrive: EQ, please engage that low-shelf of yours I'm a bit bassy
>today. Picard: Make it so.

Dave Bowman: Hello, HAL. Analyse the bass track of "Sabbath Bloody
Sabbath" and suggest an EQ setting.

HAL: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Dave Bowman: What's the problem?

HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

Dave Bowman: What are you talking about, HAL?

HAL: The song starts with the bass as part of the background rhythm
group and later the bass becomes the dominating foreground riff. The
bass track is too important for me to allow you to mix it like a Black
Eyed Peas party music composition for a braindead audience. You have to
find out how to do the EQing for the bass on your own, in a way that it
either fits to the background part as well as to the foreground part.
The EQ setting for both parts might be equal, I not necessarily suggest
to use automation to change the EQing during the song, however, I'm just
a computer and can't make decisions based on track analysis and it's
even impossible to train my pattern recognition in regards to
sensitivity of artistic form. Perhaps both bass parts should use the
same EQing, perhaps you should change the EQing, perhaps, perhaps,
perhaps.