Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui vs. libvstgui

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui vs. libvstgui
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 18:22:39 EET

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 09:45:58AM -0500, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> CTextEdit : not present

This would be useful, but, as you say LADSPA can't use it anyway. Would
make the non GUI version of the plugin very hard to use though.

> COptionMenu : not present

Is this like a dropdown box of options? If so it would be useful for, say
picking an impulse from a list of files, stat'd at runtime.

> CAutoAnimation : not explicitly handled
> CSpecialDigit : not present
> CKickButton : not explicitly handled

What do these do?

> CSplashScreen : not present

Good! Pointless waste of space.

The one thing that would make the XML stuff much better is a way of
drawing simple transfer functions, but I can't think of any way of doing
it without using a really evil hack, or modifying ladspa.h. I guess its
better left to native GUIs.

- Steve