Re: [linux-audio-dev] What I want, to stop using Windows

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] What I want, to stop using Windows
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 16:08:04 EEST

In Wed, 27 Sep 2000 12:28:10 +0100 Steve Harris <S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk> cum veritate scripsit :

> 7. A USB MIDI box (run out of slots) that is fast enough to talk to a Mod
> without karking.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but is there any way of using USB-midi device
currently under Linux? I went out and bought a Roland UM-2 (Super MPU32)
and after buying it realized that there is no mention in the kernel tree...

Under Windows98, USB-midi ran quite badly. It had a lot of hiccups, but
then I have only used Macs before for music. It might be EasyVision,
it might be the driver.

regards,
        junichi

--
University: ti0113_AT_mail4.doshisha.ac.jp    Netfort: dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp
dancer, a.k.a. Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer