Re: [linux-audio-dev] It's time to vote (n. 1)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] It's time to vote (n. 1)
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 18:56:41 EEST

Jay writes:

>OK, using Cubase, I can switch VST plugins in and out, even change
>(for example) Master Effect 1 from Chorus to Reverb or whatever,
>and at the most, I'm getting little tiny clicks. (Much like my
>previously-discussed Quadraverb 2, in fact.)

and then says:

>So ARE YOU CONVINCED YET?? Or do you want to design-in a limitation
>that will make Linux audio software inferior to its Windows counterparts?

i don't understand. all i propose is a system that will sound just like
Cubase, the Quadraverb and the Fireworx do: "tiny little clicks" when
you change "programs". where's the "inferior" ?

the worst possible case: a very long engine cycle (say, 8192 frames at
48kHz, 162ms); the audio thread discovers that the graph is being
changed and produces silence for a cycle. That will be the loudest
click you hear.

--p