Re: [linux-audio-user] Sound cards?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Sound cards?
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 19:37:03 EEST

James Mansion wrote:

> Does anyone know of a reasonably cost-effective
> way to send and receive multiple SPDIF streams?
>
> All thecards I've found seem to have one in and
> one out. I can live with one input (though two
> would be much better) but two outputs would be
> very handy. Given two outputs, I could do without
> analog outputs, since I'll use external DACs.

the sblive platinum has toslink i/o and spdif i/o, plus spdif o on
the rear.
i know that the alsa mixer matrix has different controls for toslink
and spdif on the front, so it should be possible to route different
signals to the outs. but i have not verified this myself.

regards,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany