Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] interesting installation problem

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] interesting installation problem
From: David Kuntz (djkntz_AT_geocities.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 05:13:23 EET

On Mon, 2001-12-10 at 15:09, Dave Phillips wrote:
> found nothing on Mandrake's site regarding such an error. Mandrake 8.0
> simply dies on reboot, stalling with a kernel panic.
I had a similar problem last year with an older pentium box. I don't
have my notes here, but I recall I switched the BIOS from "LBA" to
"normal" , or vice-versa, and it Debian installed fine after that. Good
luck.
djk

--
When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if
I had any firearms with me.  I said, "Well, what do you need?"