Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] interesting installation problem

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] interesting installation problem
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 05:52:49 EET

Greetings:

  Many thanks to all who responded to my plea. I've successfully
installed Mandrake 7.2 on the machine, perhaps some of you may be
interested how.

  First I did 'fdisk /MBR' from a DOS floppy, then I went through the
installation process, making sure to make a boot floppy. I should point
out that I also configured the bootloader from the setup utility. After
the installation the reboot from the hard disk failed as per my previous
message, but I successfully rebooted from the floppy. As root I checked
/etc/lilo.conf (there seemed to be no problems), then I ran lilo, and
successfully rebooted from the hard disk. My friend now has a working
Linux machine.

  Seems a little strange way to make it happen...but at least it works
now !

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net