Re: [linux-audio-user] Brahms/SB Live/Mandrake 8.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Brahms/SB Live/Mandrake 8.1
From: Dave Price (davep_AT_kinaole.org)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 07:23:20 EET

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 10:30:34PM +0100, Ola Andersson wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have downloaded and compiled Brahms (a KDE sequencer and midi editor), but
> it doesn't output any sound. I tried to play an imported midi file as well as
> the example project that came with Brahms. Another funny thing... kmidi
> managed to play the midi file, but kmid failed.
> I am using mandrake 8.1.

If you are are using an SB-Live, the card itself may be the problem. I
use the'OSS' code that was written and posted on creative's open-source
site. Works, great but the midi channel on the card is not available.

:-(

Try running something like xmix (mixer), and you may see that there is
no control for a midi channel, since there is none available.

I have not trried ALSA drivers, since midi is not that important to me,
and i plan to put a 2nd (different card in the box anyway.

aloha (hope i am not bringing bad news),
dave