Re: [linux-audio-user] Pro Audio Software RANT!!!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Pro Audio Software RANT!!!
From: Tony Lambley (tonyl_AT_vextech.net)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 01:53:40 EET

All well and good, but U2 can play *real* instruments; which after oodles of
studio work make up their published material. Most people using vst, cake',
logic et at are sitting in a bedroom marvelling at the newly found ADE chord
progression with their latest
sounds-just-like-any-keyboard-from-the-last-10-years + drum loops set up.

The MMT-8 was a nearly fun, immediate and complete pain in the arse when you
got going!

If you were going into a multi-track & midi studio and was confronted by an
MMT-8 posing as the midi element, I think you'd be pretty pissed off!

Anyway, midi does a reasonable job when treating a track at a time, it's the
multi-timbral gear that gives (or did) it a shite name.

Tony

---