Re: [linux-audio-user] usb midi interface-recommendations?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] usb midi interface-recommendations?
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 09:50:31 EEST

Joseph Zitt wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 02:56:26PM +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
> > > http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=Setting+up+modprobe+and+kmod+support
> > > says "Here's an example for this card", but doesn't say what kind of card
> > > this is? Would those settings be appropriate to use to enable my Roland
> > > UA-30?
> > >

> > Sorry about the delay.
> >
> > As you have found out the Wiki is not completely finished.
> >
> > I have updated the page in question so have another look. It should
> > simply be a matter of copy and paste now.
>
> Thanks... but looking at it, I'm still a bit confused. The page still
> refers to "this card", but doesn't say what "this card" is. Would the
> code on the page be good for *any* USB audio interface, or is it
> specific to a particular one whose identification I'm not catching?

Good point. It should say module instead of card. The correct answer for
the time being (in case some unknown usb audio device will require it's
own specific module) is that this module will/should work for any
usb-audio device. Note that you will need to get the midi daemon to use
a midi card with ALSA. I will add a link to that in the next 10 min.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur