Re: [LAU] RME Multiface and an extra 8 output channels

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue May 14 2013 - 12:21:11 EEST

On Tue, 2013-05-14 at 06:10 -0300, Iain Mott wrote:
> Hi Flo,
>
> This is what was said:
>
> "The MF-I and MF-II's AD/DA conversion latencies vary slightly (MF-II is
> slightly quicker) - you won't get "Sample accurate" I/O across MF-I to
> MF-II"

But Flo does get sample accuracy :D or was he floing?!

> You mention the multiface 2 is faster too. Will there be a
> problem-causing delay between the multiface 1 and 2 channels, a
> difference in sound quality, or both?

Is there no dealer near to you, who enables testing?
For my RME to ADAT sync by ADAT, not WC, is audible, if I use one IO
from the RME and the other from the ADA8000. I wouldn't use it that way,
but I guess sync between the MFs could be much better. Somebody from RME
would use such a combination (RME AIO + ADA8000 one IO from each
device), since it's still like moving a microphone a little bit.

Tastes differ!