Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour-0.99.8 tarball released

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour-0.99.8 tarball released
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 17:37:08 EET

>Incidentally, I'm coming around to thinking that a recommended GUI lower
>bound, default and upper bound hint is useful in the core LADSPA spec in
>addition to the current 'real' bound hints. This allows useful definitions
>for things like gain controls that don't really have meaningful bounds or
>defaults, essentially giving all relevant information to the host. Does
>this sound sensible?

I don't see why we would want 2 sets of bounds. If there is no useful
"real" bound, then just use the existing bound. If there is a "real"
bound, then the GUI should be using it. However, I do think that a
default is a good idea. The alternatives (use lower, upper or middle
or range, or random value) are all poor.

--p