[linux-audio-user] laptop advice needed

Subject: [linux-audio-user] laptop advice needed
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Sat May 18 2002 - 23:44:36 EEST

Greetings:

  I'm shopping for a laptop and need some advice. Of course I want
decent audio I/O, and I'd also like to be able to run OpenGL software;
basically, I want to be able to run Pd/GEM on it. I'd love to be able to
run Ardour on it too. I'll be installing Debian on the machine, possibly
Red Hat too.

  I have about US$1000 to spend and can purchase a machine at dealer
cost. I don't need a cutting edge model (do I?). I do need
recommendations, personal reports, whatever relevant info you can throw
my way. I also need to make the purchase quickly, within the next three
or four days. TIA!

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org