[linux-audio-user] VST Plugins Revisited (Again)

From: <davidrclark@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 23:10:22 EEST

Brad mentioned VST Plugins in an earlier post. I've had no luck at all
with any of the Linux methods. I have had perfect success with a
"free" version of Muzsys that Computer Music Magazine had on one of their
CD's: CompMuzsys. This works flawlessly under WINE. It is an "entry
level" piece of software, but does have fairly good mixing. It has
lots of latency and only primitive MIDI editing. But if I'm in Linux
and want to do something quickly without rebooting, this is the way
I go. CompMuzsys is the only Windows audio program that I have seen
that works under Linux just like it does under Windows. I have dozens
of VST and VSTi Plugins, and every single one of them works.

This shows that IT IS POSSIBLE. I find it amusing that to run VST or
VSTi plugins, I had to install a piece of Windows software. It makes me
wonder if the future of music production using GNU/Linux is to run (entry
level) Windows audio software under WINE.